i know i’ve not been writing much, i’ve been roaming around in other videogames and not doing much of nothing in second life. mostly its because i’m in kind of a stand off with second life viewers. thanks to emerald fucking up, i’ve had to try and find something new to use. of course i did jump over to imprudence because of what i mentioned before, however recently their builds have been highly unstable on my computer, and no one can see to figure out why. my crash dumps are always empty! it makes no sense! especially with the computer i’m running sl on. i never crashed on my old piece of junk, but here i am running high powered newness and its crash city.
sometimes i wish i could just piece together the awesome from all viewers and have it my way. of course i can’t do that because i don’t know anything about programming, but if i could here’s what i would make.
- the shadows from kirstens viewer. i love all the extra stuff she’s included to help control how shadows appear. not to mention the fact that you can take photos with shadows on instead of having to screen shot. and unlike 2.0’s shadows. you actually have your eyeballs.
- multi-wearables a-la-2.0. i want multi layers! not all too interested in multi attachments but the layers i would so very much love to have now that we have tattoo and alpha layers.
- the UI from old SL. i hate the new 2.0 viewer UI. i’m sorry yes i’m in that camp with the rest. it drives me insane and i can’t get used to it. the tear off sidebar is helping a little but there is a lot that i just do not enjoy.
- the features from imprudence. radar, temp uploads, double click tp (which i’m told is in other viewers as well but i mainly use imp) rlv, ANTI ALIASING THAT WORKS, devs who give a crap about their users and don’t do stupid immature bullshit.
- unlimited radar range from who ever is keeping that little bit from emerald. yes i’m sorry i like knowing who is on the sim i’m on, its not because i’m spying, its just because i don’t like not knowing who is around me. personal preference.
on top of all that, i’d love a viewer that does not crash on my beast of a system please and thank you.
what would you like to see in a second life viewer? what would be your dream viewer?
i will try to write more if my life becomes un-boring :p